Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

What a wonderful day.  I know that this day is a boon for Hallmark, but it is a joy that my family takes it seriously.  My husband and sons made my day.  Not because of the gifts, though there were some of those, even a handmade one.  Not because of the sentimental cards, though there were a couple of those (leave it to J. to keep the mood light).  No, today was made because of the leadership of my husband to take the Hallmark holiday and use it to guide my sons in honoring me.  It isn't that my sons are lunks and need to be told to be nice to me.  They aren't.  It is just that my husband takes the time to use this day to remind my boys to honor their mother as the Lord commands.  And they see him loving his wife as the Lord commands.  It is a wonderful example he sets and one that my sons are blessed to have.  Thank you, Sweetie!

No comments: