Saturday, March 12, 2011

Again

Well...at least it hasn't been several years.  We are still homeschooling along.  This is J.'s first year of high school.  It is, he told me, his best and favorite year.  Should I be offended?  Because he is essentially teaching himself.  We meet occasionally and talk over what he is learning.  I grade his work (OK not always that day) so I know where he's at.  That is one major benefit of homeschooling:  I get to watch my boys begin to take ownership of their learning.  I see them want to learn something so they do.  I see them begin to understand that this is what they are called to do now, so they are prepared to do what He calls them to do later.  At least that is what I keep telling them.  And they are beginning to understand.  And it is a true joy to watch.

J. himself, taking a break                                                            

No comments: