Saturday, March 13, 2010

New post

"New Post" it said. Click to create a new post. That seems a terrible understatement of some sort. I haven't blogged in years. Not days or weeks or months, but years!! I reread the last blog. It was pretty good, you know, as amateur first time blog entries go. It was a good event to blog about. I suppose that was my hurdle to blogging. Feeling like I had to come up with fabulous, eventful stuff. Much of our days are not fabulous. Normal, uneventful, some days even humdrum. Yet, four years have gone by that I have been able to spend with my boys. Every day. By choice. It has been a great four years, filled with school, friends, family, trips, traumas and nothing much. I just started reading a book by John Piper (a freebie through The Old Schoolhouse:) called Don't Waste Your Life. While I don't think I have wasted my life with my boys and schooling, I know I have wasted opportunities. God willing I won't anymore. J. is 13, almost 14 already. I don't have much time left with him. I was just praying today, 'Why do we have such short time with our children, and why does it seem to go by so fast?' I can't waste any more opportunities with J. I don't have many more. And D. Goodness, 10 already and almost as tall as me. Not hard I know, but still. As fast as this time has gone, wasted opportunities with D. aren't an option either. So, Lord, Hear my prayer. Let me not waste my opportunities You give me.

And by the way, the name of the blog is precarious. J. is starting high school next school year and he is contemplating a name change for high school. Of course, the principal has final say. We'll keep you posted. Promise.

No comments: